Click on Images to enlarge

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Posts & Rails


Question... Are the white columns on the front porch (see pic below) the finished product? Hoping not? Looks very "plane" to me without the detail that you would expect to see in a porch column? Even in a contemporary style you would expect to see some detail on the top and bottom? Or should I withhold comments/judgement until I see it closer to completion?

Answer ...I was thinking that was the style we were going for. The windows have little detail... No sills or aprons or profiles. That being said we can add anything to these. I like them this way. It is a bit contemporary but that's not to say we cant change direction. Let's wait a bit and revisit. We just did this simple detail in Falmouth. Is contemporary. But typical. Maybe he should look around at some pics. Check houzz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.